Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks Audrey!

Following my bronchoscopy and being "retired",I settled into my new routine at home.It WAS nice to do things at my own pace and not feel rushed to get things done.My health stayed about the same during that year. I was on periodic oral antibiotics and prednisone as usual for my "bronchitis" flare ups and sinus infections.One of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer that year and she was off work most of that same year.We have been friends since a Bible study post-high group after college and were teachers at the same school for the last several years of my teaching career.I went with her to some of her doctor or chemo appointments,sometimes we made our appointments on the same day.I will honestly say,she helped me so much through that year...tears,concerns,but also LOTS of laughter!!!!We had many adventures that year,truly unforgettable fun times!!Laughter is the best medicine!She is such a good caring,compassionate friend and her sense of humor keeps me going!She was able to return to teaching part time that spring and has been back to full time ever since.I'm happy to say that she is now a cancer SURVIVOR and is doing quite well,though fatigue is still an issue.My prayer is for her to stay healthy and we can continue to have more "adventures!"

1 comment:

Hummel Family said...

I've been meaning to ask you how Audrey is doing! I remember your concern for her. I remember praying for her. I am so glad she is now CANCER-FREE!! Praise the Lord for that!

Keep up those adventures together!