Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting some vitamin D

We made it to FLA safe and sound!It was a hectic traveling day to get here,but the boys were good for the most part,it was just a long day!When we got to Atlanta,we ended up being delayed an extra hour and a half.It was really storming in Sarasota at the time and we were afraid we might be stuck there for quite awhile,but it was only an extra hour and a half,so total of 3 hours layover.Saturday evening and Sunday it rained a lot from Gustav,but it has been just beautiful ever since then.So far,we haven't been affected by Hannah,no rain in sight today.I am not normally a lay in the sun person,but my doctor told me to get more sun because I'm low in vitamin D.So the last few days I've been laying out by the pool for half an hour at a time.I'm being careful,because I burn easily.

We have been enjoying seeing our grandbabies every day!Kayden (21 mo.)did NOT like the beach...didn't like the feel of the sand or the ocean...wouldn't put his feet down.He did finally scoop a bit of sand in a bucket and was intrigued by the seagulls.We'll try it again tonight...I'll post some pictures when I get back.

So far,I've been feeling pretty well.I'm done with the steroids now,hope I can maintain this.
Our plans for the rest of the week...sleep,read,walk on the beach,play with the kids,eat as much shrimp as possible,as well as Sweet Berries ice cream.Yum...Life is good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for the report - glad you are getting some sun and just relaxing!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound and that you've been able to soak up some sun. I'm thinking that seeing grandbabies every day, eating lots of shrimp and icecream really do sound pretty good! ENJOY! Get rested up and have a safe trip back home!

Judy

Hummel Family said...

I am so glad you made it there! I've been thinking of you!!!! I never dreamed you'd blog while you were there. WOW, I am impressed! Glad to hear you had some good sunny days.

I wonder if you are back now.