Monday, October 27, 2008

Quietly resting

Quietly is the key word here...I have laryngitis,serious laryngitis.I haven't been able to talk other than whisper for 6 days.I don't LIKE not talking.Yes,I know I'm home by myself all day,but I do like to maybe have some conversations with my dog occasionally.And phone calls sometimes.I have been doing a lot of text messages...I think the reason I lost my voice is I started a new inhaled antibiotic medicine called TOBI,which targets the pseudomonas.It takes at least 20 minutes and it just made my throat raw,it was brutal!I have to do it twice a day for 28 days,then off 28,then back on.Hoarseness is a side effect,but this is beyond hoarse!!So I don't know if it will get better as I get used to the med.or if I won't be able to talk for 28 days.Yikes!!It's just annoying...

The IV's are going OK.The nurse was here this morning to take blood and change the dressing over my picc.She said my lungs are sounding better,so I guess it is all worth it.I go back to Akron on Wed.to see what the doctor says.Hopefully I can stop the IV's as planned in another week.I'm glad I can stay in today,it looks like it could snow.I'll just curl up and keep on quietly resting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope you are feeling better by now and that your voice is coming back! Barb

Hummel Family said...

I was happy to hear from you today, via email! I am so glad you are able to talk again! I really felt for you!

Hope you are having a good week.