Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Clinic today and a prayer request

Clinic...Ok,so I shouldn't have been too hopeful...my pft's simply will not improve!!Still at 42% and 1.00 liter.So they want me to continue the home IV's for another week. I will go back next Wed.and HOPEfully there will be an improvement by then.I also lost 4 pounds,which surprised me.My resting pulse ox is 94%.She said my lungs are not sounding as crackly,but still wheezy.At least I can talk!!

Prayer request...I had my phone turned off at my appointment and when I turned it back on,I noticed that my friend Audrey had called.(This is my friend who I blogged about earlier).Strange,because she doesn't usually call me while she's at school.I called her back and she said her husband Bob is bleeding on his brain and they're ready to lifeflight him to Aultman hospital.So I said I'll come right over as I was only about 20 minutes away.He was in ER and on a ventilator and somewhat sedated.The CT scan showed the bleeding and they are going to do an MRI sometime tonight.He also has hemophilia,so they gave him factor right away.They will possibly do surgery to put in a shunt to drain the bleeding,but said it is too risky at this point.He was taken to surgical ICU,only immediate family can go in,but can't talk to him.He can't have any kind of stimulation at this point,has to be kept very quiet.Their 3 children are all out of state,but are on their way.Please pray for Bob...that the doctors can figure out what is causing this,for the right treatment and for peace and comfort for Audrey and family as they wait...
Thanks!Time to get the IV's ready...

3 comments:

debby said...

Marcia, Debby Schrock here, Please tell Audrey I am praying for them.

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Hi Debby,
I certainly will do that!

Hummel Family said...

I'm praying too! I heard about this, but had no idea this was Audrey's hubby. Can you post an update sometime or email me. THANKS.