Sunday, November 16, 2008

Got spoons??

I have always been a low energy person.I've always been used to pushing myself to get things done.Now I can understand WHY I haven't had a lot of energy.It used to be so frustrating for me when I wanted to get stuff done or be involved in things at church like everyone else,but I would get tired so quickly.Other people could do this,why couldn't I??So,I would push myself.I can't do that so easily anymore...Now I've been learning my limits and am accepting that I can't do it all and I'm better off having finally learned this!

A friend of mine told me about the spoon theory,which explains it well.You can read about it here.There are some days when I feel like I have many spoons...other days,I hardly have any to spare.I'm still learning to pace myself,prioritize and make choices so that I don't use up all my spoons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcia- Now I've tears running down my face cuz I never had a clue this is what things have been like for you. The Spoon Theory article started the tears. Hoping understanding why may help in the adjusting. Hugs, Barb