Monday, December 22, 2008

Last few days of Puerto Rico

Two tires on our rental car were flat this morning and we ended up getting another car.There were lots and lots of kids at breakfast this morning.We found out it was a swim team.As we were out relaxing and getting some sun,we found out that back home there is a two hour school delay because of freezing rain.We were glad that we were basking in 80 degrees and sunny!We left for Lindsay's game at around 3:30.It was played at the same place,the University of Puerto Rico.Her team won this game by 10.Getting home was a bit stressful.We got lost again...long story,but ended up asking directions from a policeman,who ended up escorting us back to the right road.Finally,we made it back to familiar territory.We ate rice and beans and listened to Katelyn's(niece)basketball game via computer.

Breakfast at usual at the motel,then outside by the pool.Keep in mind that I always had to go up to the room first and do all my treatments and vest time and THEN I'd go out.The girls had fun in the ocean today trying to catch fish with their hands.Today was hotter than usual.Not that we complained!!At 12:30 we left to drive to Old San Juan.As usual when trying to find a place,we got lost,but we arrived in one piece.It was an interesting old city.We saw the old forts,mansion a beautiful old post office.I told Warren he should apply to work there during the winter!We had fun going in many of the shops.The buildings were all different colors.We did a lot of walking and I did pretty good with it.It was a tiring day...we sat out by the ocean and relaxed that evening.

Our last day.We were out in the sun one last time.Dad even ventured out to bask for a few minutes.Karen and I walked a bit on the beach.At 12:30,we boarded the bus to go to San Juan to the airport.The plane left at 4 and flew to Philadelphia.The plane was a 767,the biggest one I had ever been on!At Phila.we were delayed an extra hour.We got to Pittsburgh after 11,had to wait a long time for the luggage,then had to drive home.We brought Lindsay home with us.We got to my place at 2:30am.Long day!!!Five tired people!I'm just so glad I got to go back to PR.It was such a fun,relaxing week(except for the driving!)I will post some pictures in my next post.


Judy said...

I'm so glad you had an enjoyable trip! The warm temperatures sound lovely. We, too, started out with a 2-hr delay today before they canceled school altogether. We have snow, wind and cold temperatures in PA. I really appreciate my warm house! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures when you get them posted.

Aspiemom said...

I'm so glad you got to go to PR and had a good time.

Aspiemom said...

Merry Christmas, Marcia!