Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friday's clinic appt.

Well,it was kinda bad but kinda good...let me explain.I have been feeling like I've been slipping just a bit healthwise,coughing more and chest getting a little more achy.And I had lost a couple of pounds.So the dr.listened to my chest and said it is sounding pretty crackly again on both sides.I hadn't had my pft's done yet and she said if they are down too,then I will need IV's.But I'm going to AZ for a week in 2 weeks and I usually have to do 3 weeks of IV's.So when I went to do pft's,I said a little prayer for help and I DID GOOD!My FEV1 was 54% and 1.28 liters!For me,that's good!And yes,I turned purple doing it...So it was actually up a bit from last time!So I escaped the IV's for now:)If I start feeling worse I will call them and she'll put me on oral cipro until I'm back from AZ.And surely a week of warm dry air relaxing with 2 good friends will be just the thing.So as of now,I am good to go and I have my next appt. in a month.Woo hoo,I'm happy :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that nothing is interfering with your trip!
Barb

4becks said...

Have a wonderful trip! I'd miss the snow, but I'm sure you'll have fun!

Stacey

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Barb,for sure come meet us a day while we're there...and Stacey,yeah,I think I'll be ok without the snow for one week :)

Aspiemom said...

I would say that was pretty good news! I hope your trip helps you "dry out" and feel better!

Judy said...

Glad to hear your appointment went well for you. I am so happy that you will soon be heading into warmer weather for a bit. This cold and snow does get to be a little much once in a while!! (I know I'm ready for spring!) Stay well and enjoy the sunshine when you get there.