Thursday, February 12, 2009

Speaking of Valentine's day...

I made these cupcakes for my niece's bridal shower.They turned out pretty cute and tasted good too.They are filled so they were a little more work...but I would do it again.I wish I had cut one in half to show the filling,but I didn't think of it.Just in case you want to quick whip some up for Valentine's day,here's the recipe.I used a Betty Crocker german chocolate cake mix and baked them according to the directions.After they cooled,I cut a 45 degree angle wedge cone shape from the top.Then I cut off part of the cone.After putting the filling in,I replaced the top,then piped on the frosting.

Cream filling:
3 T flour
1/2 C milk
Whisk these together and cook over med.heat until thickened.Cover with plastic wrap and cool.
1/2 C butter
1/2 C sugar
Cream these together,then add 1 t.vanilla.
Add cooled milk/flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat for 7 min.Fill cupcakes.

Chocolate buttercream
1/2 C softened butter
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 and 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C milk
1/t.vanilla
Beat together for 5 min.

I used a large circle decorating tip to swirl it onto the cupcake.Mmmm,LOVE buttercream!I had leftover buttercream,some of which I ate with the little parts of the leftover cake I cut out of the middle.Then I ate the rest of the buttercream...just plain.Yeah,it's good...

5 comments:

Cindy said...

MMM, that sounds delicious! It would be even better with a little cream cheesey type filling.

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Yeah,that's a thought!This was like a cream stick filling.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better, Marcia! I love your cupcakes. They are really cute...and look very yummy. Sure will be cute for a shower.

Hummel Family said...

OH YUM!!!!

Have fun in AZ!!! You deserve some good health and rest!!! :) Soak it all in.

Somer Love said...

Are you kidding me you made those!!!!!!!!! That is amazing that looks so good! I am a cupcake fanatic and your look delicious!