Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yummy brownies!


I totally LOVE brownies!But,I have tried homemade brownies and I don't think they're as good as Betty Crocker brownies!If you think I'm nuts,and you have the perfect chewy homemade brownie recipe,please send it to me and I'll certainly try it.Anyways,I found this recipe from Betty Crocker.You take a family size brownie mix...mix according to directions and pour batter into a 13x9 pan.Then drop teaspoons of chocolate chip cookie dough randomly on top(homemade or use a Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix...mix as directed).Kind of press it into the brownie batter.If you use the mix,don't use ALL the dough,just bake some cookies too.Bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350.Cool completely.You can leave it plain or use chocolate frosting.I put a ganache on top of this one.The recipe I used for ganache was 6 T butter,3/4 C heavy whipping cream and 12 oz.chocolate chips(I used Ghiradelli for a dark chocolate flavor).You bring the butter and cream almost to a boil,then pour it in a bowl over the chocolate chips.Let it set for 20 seconds,then stir.When the chips are all melted,pour over cooled brownies.Now the hardest part is you have to let the ganache set up.But go ahead and lick out the pan and the spoon.This is a very rich brownie,but then I love rich!Mmmm,gotta go eat one...

4 comments:

Aspiemom said...

You're talking my language, Marcia! Brownies are my no. 1 favorite. Actually, I made a BOX today and ate about 5. I'll never lose weight at this rate.

I agree that a lot of the mixes are better than homemade. I've made several homemade recipes. I have one called Fudgy Wudgy Brownies that is...sinful. The only thing I don't like is it is so fudgy with choc. chips and about 4 eggs (Sq. pan!) that it's hard to tell when it's done until it's all cooled! Girardelli mixes are really good.

There are so many variations to brownies, too. PB, "blonde", Nuts, cream cheese, creme de menthe, choc. chips, inside. Frosting on top or w/o.

Put some of your warm brownies in a dish of soft vanilla ice cream, add hot fudge sauce and whipped cream!

Anonymous said...

These were SOOOOO good! Wow, makes me hungry for one just looking at them!
I had such a good time last night. Glad it worked out

laura

Somer Love said...

Hmmm I have never made brownies...

But I think Betty is amazing... I don't really love chocolate but if I ever eat a brownie it has to be very plain no nuts or frosting. I know I am weird :)

Dawn said...

OOOOOOH! That looks and sounds great!! I am going to pass this recipe onto my baker (Krista) at home : )