Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Easter fun!


Yesterday was a baking and decorating day at my house!First I baked these strawberry cupcakes for our Easter dessert tomorrow.Baked,then filled and frosted.Had to eat one...yum.These pictures are for you, Somer...

The next project was to attempt Bakerella's cakepops.She makes very cool stuff!I was just amazed by these and HAD to try them.So when Stephanie was here on Tuesday to dye Easter eggs,I baked a cherry cake from a mix.After it's cooled,you crumble up the cake in a bowl with your hands.It's fun!You then add a can of frosting.I used vanilla and didn't add quite all of it.You smoosh that all together.Steph helped me shape them into balls and egg shapes.Later that day I put the lollipop sticks in and put them in the freezer.

Yesterday morning I unthawed them and dipped them in chocolate.I used white,pink and yellow chocolate.Lindsay and Katelyn(my nieces)came over and helped decorate.To decorate them,we had small paint brushes and dipped them in Karo to stick the sprinkle stuff onto the eggs.We used melted chocolate to touch on the eyes and mouths...also to stick on the beaks,wings and tails.They turned out pretty cute,don't you think???When you eat them,it takes like a moist cake in chocolate.




We had a great time!


Look at these cute little bunny tails!

Lindsay's favorites were the chicks!

HAPPY EASTER everyone!!

5 comments:

4becks said...

I would love to have your recipe. thought it would be a good one for the church newsletter!

Judy said...

I think I want to spend Easter at your house! Your filled strawberry cupcakes look so delicious and those cake pops are the coolest looking things ever! I'm sure you gals had a lot of fun making them.

Anonymous said...

totally amazing!

laura

RunSickboyRun.com said...

Man am I jealous of your skills! My girlfriend and I made dirt cups for Easter that you can check out on my blog if you'd like...

Ronnie

Laura said...

I'm not sure if I'd stuff myself with the cupcakes or the 'pops' - they both look so good. The bunnies look particularly appetizing.
Laura (CA)