Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My quilt


OK,here is the simple little wallhanging I've been working on so diligently!It ended up taking longer than I thought it would.But I just worked on it as I had time.It's made out of homespun plaid fabrics,most of which I had on hand.It was fun to piece together.Each square is a little different.It's sure not perfect,but it was fun!If you click on it,you can see it up close,but don't get too critical!!Now for the hard part!I don't know how to quilt very good at all,so I'm not sure what to do next.Maybe I'll have to round up some quilters and have a quilting party!??I wish I had an attachment to my machine that does machine quilting.I might go check that out,but I know they're expensive.When it's quilted(if that ever happens),I'll bind it with a dark black and gold plaid fabric,like third one in the top row.I also made a table runner with three blocks.

7 comments:

Katey said...

Very pretty!! I could never do that!

Aspiemom said...

Very pretty, Marcia! I didn't know you could do that!

I did a wallhanging about 20 years ago. I appliqued quilted hearts onto the quilt. When I was done, I loved it and hung it on the wall. Then a friend saw it and begged to buy it from me, which I've regretted because my hands get too sore to do another!

Hummel Family said...

There it is! I was trying to imagine what it looked like. Great job. Its beautiful.

Dawn said...

You are amazing!

Judy said...

Good job, girl! I think the dark plaid as one of your binding colors will "frame" it in very nicely! I did a sampler wall hanging years back and had a lot of fun doing it.

Thanks for the email. I promise I will answer real soon!

Somer Love said...

I am guessing there was nothing simple about this well at least if I attempted it this would be the case. It is a very beautiful piece!

Irene's Quilting Corner said...

Great job Marcia! Call me and I'll help set you up to get it quilted (either my machine or hand)