Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cindy update

I went to the hospital late morning and the screen/filter placement went fine with Cindy. She was fine after a nap. I went to a greenhouse for some perrenials and also got a few groceries while she was sleeping. When I got back I got to watch them change her wound vac dressing. About 4 inches of her lower chest incision has not healed (probably because she is diabetic) and there is a pretty good sized gaping wound. So there is packing in it and a wound vac attached to suck out fluids to help it heal. It was kind of gross, but interesting to watch. I even took pictures. But Cindy said I'm not allowed to post them :) They cleaned out the wound and then repacked and attached the vac. After it's turned on, it's like a vacuum pack seal and sucks everything in flat to her skin...very interesting. She has to have this done every MWF. It will probably take a few more weeks to heal. She will be in PCU for about two more days and then moved back to the rehab floor. Her vitals are more stable again. Rehab came and had her walk a few feet. She did pretty well and was in good spirits today. So hopefully things will start going better again...tomorrow I am not leaving my house...Friday I have my annual clinic appointment at Akron, so that will be a long day...

1 comment:

Katey said...

Glad Cindy is doing much better. I hope your clinic appointment goes well too (annual one's are always so much fun)!!!!