Saturday, May 23, 2009

Clinic visit

On Tuesday of this week, I had a clinic appt. because I hadn't been feeling well the past several days. Coughing more, VERY tired, a weird pain in my left upper lung...It hasn't helped either with all that has been going on in my life. BUT, Cindy is now at Wooster rehab, Jeremy's family is moved, Lindsay's wedding shower is over, now I NEED to rest and relax. My lungs sounded very wheezy and tight yesterday. I have been on 750 mg. of cipro twice a day for 4 weeks, but I guess that hasn't done a whole lot. I have also been culturing aspergillus in my lungs for quite awhile now, so they have decided to treat it with an oral anti-fungal. I was also put on a pretty good dose of prednisone for 10 days and if that doesn't do much, then I will have to do IV's. The drawback with prednisone is that I can never sleep well...and I need rest right now!! I also have to do the vest and airway clearance an extra time every day. The steroids have started to kick in and I'm feeling better and actually have energy, so I'm hoping I won't need IV's. We'll see. I'm totally enjoying this warm weather and being able to see my grandbabies a lot!

Please keep praying for Cindy. Her body has been through a lot and she is having a tough time bouncing back. She had to have a blood transfusion yesterday because her blood pressure was very low again. I was up to see her today. She has a very good attitude, but still has a long recovery yet. She has been in the hospital almost a month now. They are guessing possibly 3-4 weeks yet at rehab. So we are just taking things one day at a time...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear you feel a little better, hope you can avoid those IVs. Will keep you and Cindy in prayer.

Laura (CA)

Aspiemom said...

I hope that the oral meds do the trick and that you don't need to go on IV's. I want you to be feeling better, either way!

Katey said...

Praying you feel better! And praying for Cindy!I know Prednisone has it's disadvantages...but hopefully it will help! The pictures are precious too!