Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26


Yes, that's us on June 26, at our outdoor wedding at my parent's home. It's been 33 years...so hard to believe. It sure did go fast! We had a beautiful wedding day after it had been raining for three straight days. So we could go ahead with the outside plans and the weather was perfect! It was such a fun day! Now that I look at my dress, I'm wondering why I chose long sleeves for a June wedding, even though they were sheer. But the day wasn't hot at all, just right. I had just had a bowel obstruction surgery six weeks before the wedding. I was sending out wedding invitations from the hospital. That could've been his first clue of what he was in for with me, but he still married me...and 33 years and many surgeries later, along with a CF diagnosis and I am still loved! We've had a lot of good times together and I'm looking forward to a lot more of those good times in the future! We enjoyed our kids, now we're having so much fun with our two grandbabies! Life is good...

5 comments:

Aspiemom said...

What beautiful pictures! Happy 33rd Anniversary!

Katey said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Carol Weaver said...

Yes, we were there. It was a beautiful wedding. I remember we had to wipe the seats down, because it had rained the night before, but the day was absolutely perfect!! Congrats on 33 years and many more!!

Judy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary to you!! I can hardly beleive it's been that long ago that Mike and I made that trip to Ohio. I told him (back then) I'd remember how to get to your house...and then really couldn't carry it through when we got close by! He hasn't let me forget it to this day!! At least we made it and it was a beautiful day for a beautiful wedding. We'll hit 34 years July 19th...are we REALLY that old??!

Dawn said...

Happy late Anniversary. I remember that wedding so well. It was beautiful!!