Monday, June 1, 2009

Strawberries and flowers

I bought a couple of quarts of homegrown strawberries this morning. This is my favorite time of the year...locally grown strawberries! I have a small strawberry patch too, but just replanted this year, so I'll have to wait until next year to reap the benefits. So I made a strawberry smoothie, then decided to make a pie and dipped a few in chocolate. Yum! A strawberry diet today!



These were soooo good!

I walked around my house today snapping a few pictures of my flowers. I mostly have perennials. Here are a few that I took...

My little fairy garden...

I bought a hanging strawberry basket. Told you I love strawberries. These are everbearing and I'm going to see if I can keep it bearing all summer. I thought Kayden would have fun with this too. He picked a ripe one on Saturday.

Pansy pot.

Pink yarrow.

Buttercups.

Love my flowers! Love strawberries! Love June!

4 comments:

Aspiemom said...

Yum! Enjoy your strawberries! If I eat too many of them I start wheezing.

I like just dipping it in sugar and popping it into my mouth.

Judy said...

Your flowers are beautiful and your strawberry pie and chocolate covered berries look so tempting! Wish I was there!! I most certainly would enjoy looking at the flowers, tasting the goodies, or both!

Hope you are feeling better!

Somer Love said...

you have a green thumb and you bake wow!!! Impressive! The strawberries look SO good Blueberries are really good right now too!

Herrera said...

coveting the strawberry pie... maybe I should just make one!

the flowers are beautiful and I love the fairy garden...so cute!