Friday, July 31, 2009

Staycation

We are nearing the end of our stay at home vacation. Warren goes back to work on Monday. We have just been relaxing here at home. We TRIED to pretend we were in Florida, (Audrey even brought some shells over) but it didn't work! We did rent some movies (watched 7 Pounds last night), read books, he did soduko and we ate out a few times. He went to see Cindy at Cleve clinic a few times. She did get moved to Wooster rehab this past Wednesday evening. We are so thankful for that!! He rode his cycle to see her yesterday. She has to start from square one again in rehab, but she is feeling pretty good overall...hope she has no more setbacks!!! I went with him on a cycle ride for awhile one warm afternoon and we might go a little today after my noon and 3:00 IV's are finished.

I had a clinic appointment on Wednesday. My pft's were down a little more from a week ago...FEV1 38% and .97 L. And I practically KILLED myself to hit that!! I was not happy :( I also sounded tight and really wheezy. Prednisone (40mg) was added, along with an anti-fungal drug. I hate the thought of the steroids again, because it's difficult to sleep at night, but it should give me some energy??? I just don't like energy at 3 am... The home health nurse came yesterday and changed my picc dressing and did blood draws. I wasn't as wheezy yesterday.

On Tuesday we did take Kayden and Perrin to the Lodi outlets just to ride the train. They loved it. I can't take pictures with my camera right now because I can't find my battery charger. Drives me nuts, I've looked everywhere! I WILL find it...So we took Stephanie's camera and took a few pictures, but now she can't find the cord to let me download the pictures to my computer. So I have no pictures to offer... The train ride is $3.00 for adults and kids under 3 are free. It's a pretty big train and you can ride unlimited times from noon till evening. There was also a small playground there and they climbed and climbed and went down the slides. Kayden is cautious, Perrin is fearless...really needs to be watched! It was a fun couple of hours!!

4 comments:

Kate Starr said...

Marcia, thank you for saying hello at the Yoder reunion! Found your blog this evening and have been catching up on it.... you are such an inspiration. I look forward to following your blog journey! Keep in touch...

Anonymous said...

I live in Wooster just found your blog tonight.
From West Virgina

I am also a Registered Nurse.

Pamela

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Thanks for stopping by Pamela. Do you work at Wooster hospital? And Kate, good to talk to you too! Your kids are adorable :)

Anonymous said...

I use to work at a Nursing
home here in Wooster.
We moved down here from Michigan several years ago.
I went to nursing school down home in WV at a small
University.
Wooster is so beautiful
and clean and very well kept. It really is a small
OH dream town as it as been
listed. We love it here.
Pamela