Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot!!

The weather this summer has been so great, not much humidity, just almost perfect. Not the usual Ohio-like summer weather. But yesterday, it got really hot! After church, we decided to ride our cycle to Zanesville to see Tiffany. It took us a little over an hour and it did feel so good to ride in the warm weather! I packed up my IV stuff and took it along and I "hooked up" to my tobra after we got there. Later we went to Adornetto's for pizza...it was so yummy! Mmm, oregano in the crust... right now, I'm so all about food because of the steroids. I'm eating everything in sight...I'm glad I will be done with them soon. But it HAS been great to have more energy and also my joints feel good again. So we had a nice visit at her place and over a late lunch, then we headed back to get home in time for my next IV. I'm really ready to be done with these! Only a couple more days...I'm feeling good again and I sure hope it lasts for a long while! I have a clinic appointment on Wed. and not sure if they'll take the picc out then or if the home health nurse will do it Thurs.

Last evening we went over to my dad's...for more food. Jeremy and Perrin didn't come, because Perrin is still not feeling quite back to normal yet. Kayden and Aila had a great time. Aila was showing off her backpack because she'll be in kindergarten, now Kayden wants one too. I finally ordered a new camera charger, mine is just not turning up anywhere and I can't stand not taking pictures! I hope I have it within the week!

Good news yesterday morning at church was that Tim Zuercher will be starting as our full time youth pastor in September!

Cindy will be having her skin graft surgery tomorrow at around 12:30. So I will probably pack up my IV's and go see her before she goes in and then stay until it's over. Hopefully, this will be the last surgery now. She can walk with a walker now, but can't stand on her own yet, her legs just collapse. Keep her in your prayers...

3 comments:

Judy said...

So glad you're feeling better!! We also had the hot, humid temps here in PA too! Not so fun....but still better than the white stuff we get a little later on!!

Aspiemom said...

I hope you get a great long run out of your IV's, too. Glad you're feeling better.

Wow, prednisone makes my joints HURT, not FEEL BETTER.

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Well, maybe it isn't the prednisone, but something is making my joints feel better! I guess I just assumed it was that, since it's an anti-inflammatory??? Whatever it is, I LOVE that my joints aren't hurting right now...