Thursday, October 1, 2009

Turning the page

This morning the calendar page gets turned to October. It has been really chilly this week, kind of like skipping from summer to winter overnight. I've been drinking hot chocolate instead of my smoothie! I had to wear socks, shoes, long sleeve shirt and jeans! Felt so weird! And I was freezing when picking my raspberries, so I changed from my jacket to my winter coat! This picture was from yesterday...I was going to lay down and rest for a bit in the afternoon. I turned the heating pad on, but Meg and Mickey beat me to it! Meg LOVES my heating pad, if I'm on it, she will paw at me to move over and share...and I usually do! We had frost this morning, but at least the sun is out again. If it warms up this afternoon, I'm going to pull out my annual flowers. I was going to take Cindy to a doctor appointment, but it was cancelled, so I have extra time. On Thursdays, I have Jeremy's family over for supper. I will see if dad and Cindy can come too. We are having chicken enchiladas, chips and salsa. I also made pumpkin bars for dessert and Warren can take the leftover ones to work tomorrow. Tomorrow I have a clinic appointment at Akron.

During October Killbuck Savings Bank, where Jeremy works, is selling pumpkins and all the proceeds will go to the CF foundation. I'm going to go check it out this afternoon.

2 comments:

Aspiemom said...

That's so cute that your dogs want your heating pad! Stay warm! We've been having fantastic weather this week, so I wouldn't want to trade.

Kate Starr said...

Stay warm Marcia! We were down near Berlin the other day, and it was perfectly beautiful... leaves turning and sun shining! Thought of all you "Yoders" near that area!