Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not a good week!

I've been in bed since Saturday evening. I was coughing, chilling and started a fever of 101. Sunday was miserable, my chest was really aching and the fever made me ache all over. Monday morning I called clinic...their thoughts were that it was either H1N1 or a lung exacerbation. I did have the H1N1 flu shot a month ago. They are treating me for both, so I'm taking tamiflu for a week and cipro for two weeks. My gut feeling is that it's an exacerbation. My fever finally was normal last night. I've lost 5 pounds and this is the worst I've felt in a long time!! Today my goal is to take a bath and wash my hair...it's so GROSS, I'll probably have to suds it up several times!! And I'm going to try to change my sheets if I can. Not sure what all I'll be able to do for Thanksgiving tomorrow. BUT, I can tell I'm starting to feel a little better...whatever this was, it hit me hard. I have a pain in my chest and am SOB (means short of breath!) I am very very thankful right now for doctors and medicines! Also, Stephanie (my DIL) broke her toe this week. I'm feeling bad that I can't be of help to her :(

Changing the subject, here is a good easy recipe for Thanksgiving. It's called Peter's Pumpkin Delight and it's from my mom. I was going to make a pumpkin pie, but since I have been sick, I didn't have time to make any pie crusts and I had none in the freezer, so this is what I'm making instead, it's so easy:
1 large can Libby's pumpkin (29 oz)
3 eggs, beaten
1 can evaporated milk (13 oz)
2/3 C white sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
3/4 t. salt
3 t. pumpkin pie spice
Mix all of this together really well and pour into an oblong cake pan.
Sprinkle 1 yellow or white cake mix on top.
Drizzle 1 stick of melted butter over top.
If you like nuts, use 1/2 C pecans
Bake at 350 for 50 min. Serve with whipped topping

Luckily I also have a frozen pumpkin ice cream pie in the freezer that I made last week and also some cinnamon rolls. I'll just need to pull them out, let them rise and then bake. My mom used to make cinnamon rolls and bake them right before Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner (no frosting) and we'd have them warm. Soooo good!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Marcia, I'm so sorry to hear you got "hit" with a big one...whatever the culprit is. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Just take it slowly so you don't get set back. I hope you're able to be with family for Thanksgiving and enjoy the holiday. Your recipe sounds good...perhaps I'll give it a try! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Written Permission said...

I hope you're feeling better now! So sorry to have missed you when I was home the other weekend... :(