Saturday, December 12, 2009

Early morning!

Wednesday morning we got up at 4:15 (which was almost the worst part!) to get ready to leave for my bronchoscopy. We had to drive to Cleveland and it was scheduled for 7:30. Everything went smoothly and on time and we were able to leave a little before 10 and were home by noon. I was light headed and slept on the way home and then crawled into bed and slept much of the afternoon. The doctor did some tissue biopsies and cultures and then "washed" out my lung. He only went in on one side, the side that I'd had the pneumothorax on several years ago. He said that that side would be less likely to collapse again because it would have built up scar tissue where the tube had been put in to reinflate. At any rate, I had no side effects other than coughing up some blood, which he said was normal. At any rate, I'm glad it's over! I'm hoping to hear back from the doctor by Mon. I have an appointment at clinic on Tues. morning.

No comments: