Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Finally...

finally, I feel like I'm starting to emerge into a real person again! After 10 days of feeling yuck, I was able to be up a good part of the day and actually get some things done!! I'm still on antibiotics for several days yet, but feeling SO much better! The tree is decorated and the Christmas music was playing today!

Kayden had his third birthday a few weeks ago and I made these rainbow cupcakes. They turned out cute, so I thought I'd post pictures. I found the recipe online. It was a white cake recipe, but I just used a Betty Crocker white mix. You divide the batter up equally into 5 smaller containers or cups. Then use food coloring, red, orange, yellow, green and blue into each. I made mine pretty bright. Then put about 1 T of each batter into a cupcake paper, first blue, then green, yellow, orange and last red. Don't try to spread out the batter, just let it sort of go together. I did bake them in cupcake pans. Kayden and Aila thought they were cool! They were fun to eat!!







Happy Birthday Kayden!!!

4 comments:

Kate Starr said...

Marcia... I absolutely love those cupcakes! My kids would go bananas for them!

Thanks for sharing the good idea! Glad you are on the mend...

Aspiemom said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel human again and feel better enough to join the world. I'm sure your grandkids LOVE you!

Carol Weaver said...

I'd like the recipe for the icing. It looks so tasty.

sanjeet said...

Thanks for sharing the good idea!

Work from home India