Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow and noodles

We have gotten a LOT of snow the last few days!! School was let out early on Thursday and there was no school on Friday. Not that that affects me anymore, but I still love it when there is a snow day, because I do remember the feeling of getting a snow day!!




Why is it that whenever it snows like this, I just want to eat/make food/bake??? Yesterday I decided that I'd make noodles. It really doesn't take much time because I have an attachment for my Kitchen aid mixer. I love making noodles...there's this feeling of accomplishment, I guess.


I decided to add some herbs to the dough, like parsley, rosemary and thyme...thus the little specks in the dough.





This is the really fun part, when you put on the attachment that actually cuts the noodles. And usually I catch the noodles as they come out and then toss them on the countertop...but I had to take the picture!


So I let them dry for several hours on my countertop, flipping them occasionally. Then I package them into freezer ziploc bags and store them in the freezer. Only I did keep enough out to make some chicken noodle soup for sup!

4 comments:

The Starr Family said...

That looks like such fun!! I have always wanted to try making homemade ravioli and your noodles look wonderful!! Thanks for the inspiration Marcia...

Carol Weaver said...

Marcia, you really know how to make me want to retire. How I'd love to get an attachment for my KitchenAid to make my own noodles. There is nothing like fresh pasta.

Written Permission said...

You are my hero. Seriously. First you made your own marshmallows, and now this?? It's official: I want to be Marcia, Jr. :) Can I train with you, Marcia-san?

And I love that you're always experimenting, adding in new ingredients. It's like you're me, except you actually know how to cook/bake and your food doesn't come out looking and tasting like a failed science experiment. :)

Dawn said...

Oh yum..Doug loves homemade noodles. I'll tell him to drive to your house!