Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back

We got back from beautiful warm sunny Arizona early early Monday morning...2:15am to be exact. I'll download some pictures in the next couple of days. We had a GREAT time! My only problem was that my recently carpal tunnel surgeried hand was still quite ouchy and pulling the luggage and my vest was a challenge! So I had a pretty sore hand most of the week. Well actually, that wasn't my only problem...I started having some coughing fits. And I kept thinking, OK I just got off two weeks of cipro and I'm in a warm sunny dry place...why??? So yesterday, I called clinic and got an appointment for today. My pft's hadn't fallen from last time...FEV1 42% on all three tries and 1.02 L. My O2 sats were pretty good. But I sounded tight and wheezy everywhere. Well everywhere in my lungs :) So another round of cipro, 50mg. prednisone and sporanox for the aspergillus that I keep culturing, which might be the cause of my exacerbations, they think. Tomorrow I have an ENT appointment (sigh)...so another trip to Akron and in the evening we're going to a CF fundraiser dinner/auction. Oh, and it's snowing again...

3 comments:

Written Permission said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time (can't wait to see pictures), but I'm sorry you're feeling cruddy. Yuck. Hope you get rid of that lung gunk soon! :)

Lynn said...

Hello there!
I am here per Keepie!
I am wishing you all the best!

Keetha Broyles said...

Yipee!! Lynn came to visit. She's a fun gal and a fun blog to watch.