Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowbound!

Yesterday afternoon around 1:00, it started snowing. I went out for lunch with my YaYa friends to Rebecca's at 11:30, before the storm hit. School was let out 2 hours early. This picture was taken out my window at around 3:00...big flakes were coming down.




This is our little picket fence in front of our house. This was yesterday afternoon.



And this is how my poor picket fence looked this morning! Almost buried!!





These were just random pictures taken looking out of different windows. It is truly beautiful...looks like massive amounts of sparkly sugar was dumped everywhere! I just sat in a chair this morning with hot chocolate and stared outside at the beautiful landscape! It stopped snowing a little before noon today. The sheriff's office has issued a level 3, which means no one except emergency vehicles are allowed on the road, or you may be arrested. Pretty much everything is closed. Warren did have to go in to the post office this morning to work today. He called at about 9:00 and said no mail even came in, but he still has to stay for the day. My snow baking mode kicked right in and I've been baking valentine cutout cookies and cupcakes. Yesterday I tried a recipe for parmesan crackers. I used to make crackers when the kids were little. These tasted OK, but I should have rolled them thinner. I couldn't do it very well because my hand is still pretty sore, so if I make them again, I'd roll them thinner and also add some herbs.
Luckily our electric has stayed on. My sister's has been out and I know of others too. Last night Warren got my brother's truck and went out to get her and Katelyn and brought them up to my dads. Her hubby stayed home to monitor the kerosene heater. Their power is still out. The sun is out now and some of the snow is already melting from the trees. Now I think I'll go frost those cookies...

6 comments:

Aspiemom said...

Wow, you sure got a lot of snow! Those shots of the fence are really telling and incredible!

I love to bake when it snows, too.

Keetha Broyles said...

It is GORGEOUS! yOU HAVE way more snow than we do here in central Indiana!

Keetha Broyles said...

I found your note over on my blog.

I DO love a good snow day, except when we have to make it up in June!!!

We didn't have a cancellation today, just a 2 hour delay which we DON'T have to make up. Wooo to the Hooooo

Dawn said...

Those are beautiful views! They look similiar to our views down here in Va. We're getting good exercise this year by continue to dig out!

Katey said...

Beautiful pictures! We got some good snow too, but not near as much. But just north of us, got a lot...it's weird how it snows more in certain places. Hope you are having a good time in Arizona!

Linda said...

Beautiful snow! I'm in Atlanta and we obviously don't get much snow. I came to visit from Keetha's post where she highlighted you (and me and I was VERY surprised). Enjoyed my visit and I will be back!