Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebration time, come on!!

This morning I took my last prednisone pill. PTL!!! This round of steroids was truly a struggle for me and I'm SOOOO glad to be done!!! The side effects just really hit full force. On the other hand, I know they are a great anti-inflammatory and I know they've helped my lungs, plus my joints feel great! I'm totally ready to be done with the hunger thing and not sleeping much. To celebrate, I'm going to dye Easter eggs with my little boys. Yeah, it's too early...but why not?? It's a cold, gray, cloudy day and that will brighten it up! We're also going to plant some grass in a container so we can watch it grow and then at Easter it'll be a nice centerpiece with eggs hidden in it! We might have to "mow" it a few times too!!

The other reason for celebrating is that our high school girls basketball team is now in the state final four in tournaments!! Last week on Wed. evening, we won a thriller with a last second 3-pointer sending us into overtime and we won by 5. Incredible game!! We won the next game Sat. night by 23. So now we are heading to Columbus to play Fri. at 1:00 in the state semi-finals. My niece Katelyn is a senior and is a post player. I've had 3 nieces play basketball over the last 10 years and it's been lots of fun! Katelyn played so well Sat. night. I'd love, love, love it if we could win the championship...we did when my other two nieces each played. So...wish us luck...and prayers that no one gets hurt! (Two girls on the team tore their ACL this year).

Yay Lady Hawks and no more steroids!!!

4 comments:

Somer Love said...

YAY!!! No more special P!


Have fun coloring eggs!

Judy said...

Oh, I bet you had fun coloring eggs with your boys! I like your idea of planting grass as well....
they'll have fun watching it grow.

And, yay for you finishing up your steroids! So glad that's over for you and that you are feeling better!

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

Let us know if you sleep better. I'm SO glad you got through that "stint" of steroids!!!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I know you're glad to get off of these. My mom has been on them for awhile, but is down to 1/2 mg. a day now. Hopefully she'll be able to get off of them completely soon too. We enjoy coloring eggs around here but haven't done it yet. It's so much fun for the kids.
Blessings,
Marcia