Friday, March 12, 2010

Easy chocolate mousse

First of all, you bake a box of brownies. I like Ghirardelli, but you can use whatever brand you like. Or you can use homemade too of course. You eat as many as you want and then in the next day or two when they're not as fresh and good, you can make mousse with them!!

All you do is put some brownies in your blender. I just throw some in...maybe eight. Then you pour in heavy whipping cream. And blend. Keep adding until it's the right consistency. Blend it on high speed for a minute or so, you want it really smooth. And that's it! You have chocolate brownie mousse!

Pour it out, chill in the frig. I added a pirouette stick and more whipped cream on top. Chocolate shavings would be nice on top too. Rich and yummy!!

You could keep brownies in the freezer and then take a few out to make a quick mousse. You can also use leftover cake too. Use leftover pumpkin bars for a pumpkin mousse.

6 comments:

Somer Love said...

mmmmm looks good and I don't even like chocolate!

Aspiemom said...

Yummy! My problem would be relinquishing any brownies for it because I'm a brownie lover. Hmm, and the calories! lol

Brenda said...

What a great idea! I'm always looking out for new ways to eat anything with chocolate!

The Starr Family said...

Yum, Yum, Yum! Thank you Marcia!

Nancy said...

Oh my, sounds delicious! I'll give it a try! Like your blog, I am a new follower, come see me sometime!

Nancy's Notes

Written Permission said...

OK, this looks so good it's just wrong. :) Darn you for coming up with new ways for me to want chocolate!! Heehee. Glad you're feeling better!