Monday, March 8, 2010

I Scream, You Scream...

Yesterday I saw on Facebook that Guerne Dairy was giving away free small ice cream cones from 2-9, no purchase necessary. Just to celebrate the fact that spring is around the corner!!! I don't like to pass up free stuff, especially FOOD, especially when I'm on steroids and ALL I can think of is FOOD. Plus we LOVE Guerne ice cream!! So we called Jeremy's and over we went. The small cones are actually pretty large. They usually have a special flavor of the week, but this was just chocolate, vanilla or twist. Kayden got the twist.


OK, so Perrin has not had many cones in his little life and didn't quite know what to do with the thing. He looked it over awhile, we showed him how to do it, but he had his own way of eating it...



We did eventually put his in a dish, which made him mad, but he gave in later and used a spoon. I just noticed that weird looking thing in the left corner, which is my wrapped up hand from my carpal tunnel surgery!! I will get it unwrapped and checked tomorrow, can't wait!! Stitches will still be in one more week. I'm very ready to get this big wrap off!!!

Speaking of ice cream made me think back to AZ and our favorite gelato. I forgot to post pictures of our gelato!!! I LOVE this stuff!! It is only in AZ and called The Gelato Spot. I so want to open a franschise here!! Seriously...It's expensive, but so very good! And supposed to be better for you than ice cream. Just take a look at this stuff!!! The one in the front left is snicker bar, which was one of my favorites. But I also loved the buttered almond there in the back row. Beside the snicker is coffee, which was Karen's favorite.




The fruity ones were awesome too. Love the presentation of them. It would be lovely to be able to order one tray!


Raspberry swirl with white chocolate and New York cheesecake were great. And the caramello. Every time we went in, we'd get about 6 sample bites before deciding.
I think I'll do some googling and figure out if I can make it at home...

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Kids + Cones = MESS

But what a FUN and YUMMY way to get messy.

I saw on someone's blog that when she gives her boys cones or popsickles, she strips then down to their undies and puts them in the TUB to eat!!! How smart is she?

I'm guessing the answer to this is "Yes, and no they don't have it" but I've been wondering if you've had your boys tested for CF.

Written Permission said...

Ohhhhh...that looks positively heavenly. So mean when it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I am craving sweet things. :)