Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter family fun


A couple of weeks ago we planted grass seed into cups for each of the boys. Then we drew eyes, nose and mouth on the cup. The boys are watering them and having fun watching the "hair" grow! We used to do this in Kindergarten each spring when I was teaching. The kids loved giving haircuts!


We also planted some grass in a basket. I lined it with a plastic bag since I didn't have a liner for it. We watered it and set it in a sunny place so we could have this on our table for Easter dinner...

...turned out cute, don't you think??



Had to throw in a picture of my daffodils, because it looks Easterish...they survived the snow and have blooming beautifully now! My grape hyacinths are up too. Unfortunately, so are the weeds!! They were just lurking under the snow all winter, just waiting to pop up and cause trouble!! Anyways, my brother and sister and our families got together last Saturday evening for a casual dinner and Easter egg hunt for the kids.



Aila is the oldest of the grandkids and was the quickest to find eggs!


We pretty much had to lead Perrin to where his basket was and he wasn't quite sure why there was a basket in the tall grass...

He found some eggs with help, but doesn't he look like...why in the world are there eggs in the grass???


Kayden really got into the whole finding eggs and Easter basket thing this year. He just squealed with delight, especially at the basket!

We had hidden both real eggs and plastic. He had to stop and open every single plastic egg to see what was inside! And then he'd have to exclaim over whatever candy was in there.





Easter egg cutout cookies that I had made a couple of weeks ago and kept in the freezer.

Rice krispy nests that I made for the kids.
Easter Sunday was a quiet day for us...we went to church to celebrate our risen Lord and spent the rest of the day relaxing!

4 comments:

Written Permission said...

This looks like so much fun!! You and I should get together and do crafts sometime. (We'll force my mom to join us. Ha!)

Hope you guys had fun at lunch today!

The Starr Family said...

Your grand'babies' are growing up!

Loved the creative ideas you did with them, especially growing the 'hair'!

You are giving them memories they will carry for a lifetime. I loved every minute spent w/ my grandmothers!

Judy said...

Loved the pictures of your grandbabies and your Easter basket is cuter than cute!! What a fun idea! Looks like you all had a very fun day. I can tell you're a wonderful grandma!!

Brenda said...

Your grass Easter centerpiece is such a neat idea! I'm going to try that next year.
Glad you had a wonderful day.