Friday, April 9, 2010

Easy dessert

I had made this easy ice cream dessert for Easter. I forgot to take a picture of it until we had started cutting it and eating. It's a quick and simple dessert to have in the freezer. The thing that takes the longest is unwrapping the ice cream sandwiches!

24 ice cream sandwiches (2 boxes)
1 container of cool whip
jar of hot fudge topping (I like Dove, but any is good or use homemade)
peanut butter

Layer 12 sandwiches in an oblong pan
Spread half the cool whip on top
Drizzle with hot fudge
Drizzle with peanut butter (melt in microwave)
Freeze a couple of hours, then repeat layers
Add chopped peanut butter cups on top
Keep in freezer until ready to cut and serve
And that's it!
Yum!

2 comments:

Written Permission said...

My mouth is literally watering. Quick and easy -- this is right up my alley!

The Starr Family said...

Thankfully we are leaving for Florida this weekend, otherwise my beach diet would have been ruined.

Yum-O Marcia!