Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's OUT!!

Yesterday morning my home nurse April came and pulled my picc. Last August, my picc got "stuck" and it took awhile to get it out, so I wasn't sure how it would go to take it out this time. But it slid out smoothly and she put a bandaid on. But then, just to add a bit of drama, all of a sudden it started gushing blood. So she had to press on it for about 5 min. and got it stopped and she bandaged it. I was glad I had my pajamas on because I got blood all over them. It was wonderful to take a bath last night and be able to get my arm wet. It was wonderful to go to bed last night and realize I didn't have to wake up early to "hook up" to an IV. It's wonderful to have a little more energy! By the way, when I did my PFT's this week at clinic, they had gone from 38% and .96 Liters when I started IV's three and a half weeks ago to 51% and 1.23 Liters. That's right, I said 51%!!! I amazed myself! Here's hoping I will stay feeling like this for awhile!!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful news!! Hope things continue to improve!!

The Starr Family said...

Great news Marcia!! Here's to a fun, full spring!

Katey said...

YAY for no more PICC line and IV's. And congrats on the improvement in your lung functions. I hope you feel good and contine to feel good the rest of Spring and into the warm weather of summer!