Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring beauty

Alrighty, I'm back from a little blogging break. I've been feeling pretty good and just enjoying spring. AND the little grandsons. AND I took a weekend trip to Cincinnati with my daughter....which involved eating quite a bit of Graeter's ice cream! A whole pint of Elena's blueberry pie at once....I mean there was a Graeter's was right next to our hotel, I couldn't help it... Does anybody else out there have a thing for Graeter's??? I love working outside, except I get more wheezy in the spring and so sometimes I wear a mask, which isn't too much fun...not sure if it helps a whole lot anyways...Today was a great day, no wheezing at all! Here are a few pictures of the flowering spring things around our house. I'll post more flower pictures periodically. Flowering things make me quite happy!




Phlox.


I had fun making this little fairy garden! It's about 3 feet wide and in a flower bed in front of my house.

Not sure what this perennial is called...

Verbena bushes that are very fragrant!

Crabapple tree.

Service berry bush.

Speaking of spring beauty, here is my niece Katelyn heading off to prom! She looks a little different from her basketball player image, don't you think?? It was a cold day, but pretty and sunny. She was crowned prom queen!





6 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

We don't have a Graeter's around here, but we have several ice cream places that are good. 31 Flavors was the one when I was growing up though. I'm glad you're doing well. Your flowers are beautiful!
Blessings,
Marcia

The Starr Family said...

Hooray for Kaitlyn!

Glad to have you back here... your flowers are lovely. Nothing feels better than digging your hands into soft soil. We planted all weekend and I feel refreshed!

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Marcia! Your flowers are bee-u-tiful. You also do a fantastic job capturing them with your camera. Isn't springtime so wonderful as things come into bloom? God is so good!!

It was nice to hear from you again. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Judy

Hummel Family said...

Your flowers ALWAYS look fabulous! :) I am glad you are enjoying Spring this year. I just wish it would make up its mind...cold to warm...cloudy to sunny...??? Now, all of this rain makes sense, because It's spring!

I didn't know Kate was prom queen! That is awesome. She is one beautiful girl!

Hummel Family said...

Oh and YES we love Graeter's too! Matt and Brianne live close to one, so they bring us pints of it all the time!

Katelyn said...

I found your blog through Somer's. I have CF too and I am so glad that they were able to properly diagnosis you after all those years. Good luck in the coming months and years as you continue to take care of yourself. The diligence will pay off!