Friday, October 22, 2010

Bugs

Mucinex Pictures, Images and Photos


The CF center called me a few days ago to let me know that two new bugs have set up residence in my lungs. I've never cultured these particular bugs before. They are Stenotrophomonas Maltiphilia and Alcaligenes Faecalis. Try saying those names three times really fast! Seriously, who names these things?? The steno malt is the more worrisome one I guess. I've been put on two different antibiotics. which I will take twice a day for three months to try to eradicate them. I have been feeling yucky this week...low grade fevers, short of breath, more coughing, no energy. It may or may not be caused by the bugs, probably is just a normal typical flare up...but this hasn't been a great week for me. I'm guessing that IV's might not be too far away in my future. Hopefully the antibiotics will help me feel better. And hoping to get rid of the bugs before they start a real party in there!!! Go away...

3 comments:

The Starr Family said...

Will pray for quick healing... God is capable and so are you! Here's to a less yucky weekend!

Aspiemom said...

Never heard of those! "Steno Malt" sounds like a frosty beverage at Friendly's Restaurant, but I take it it's hard to give away, huh? I hope the meds help. I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky.

I wonder how you contracted these two bugs, did they say where you usually pick them up?

Two abx for 3 mos. - can you say YI???

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

Sorry you have these two new unwanted residents in your respiratory tract!

Actually, though those names sound crazy to the unmedical ear - - - all the root words, suffixes, and prefixes all do have meanings - - - which makes the name mean something too. I'm not sure what those particular ones mean - - - - but there IS a meaning.

I DO see "philia" in there which means "likes or loves" so your particular buddy LOVES something in you!