Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some snow and less bumpy...

On Thursday afternoon, we got some of this.

Yesterday, it looked like this...
I loved watching the snow fall on Thursday! I was soooo happy that I didn't have to go anywhere too, like to Akron!! Since I've gotten the new PICC line on Monday, things have been going much smoother, I haven't had any blood clots or bends with this one. I've been able to get my meds consistently now and I've been in a routine...finally! My home nurse came Tues. morning to draw blood and check how everything is going. I did have to go to Akron on Wednesday for a check. My pft's (lung function) was still down, in fact even a little more than a week ago. I go back again for a check next Thursday. So I don't know how long I'll be on the IV's...we'll decide then. Yesterday morning, my cf nurse called and said they wanted a redraw of the bloodwork from Tuesday, since it showed my potassium level was elevated. They faxed an order and I went to the lab here in town. If it's still high, then I'll have to be treated for that. Of course I googled "high potassium levels in blood" to find out about that. I won't worry yet though, till I find out if it's still high or not. Plus, I have a lot of confidence in my cf team and feel like they're taking good care of me! I'm still feeling quite tired and nap a lot, but my chest is feeling MUCH much better and the biggest thing is I'm not quite as short of breath...that part was really bad the last couple of weeks! So the IV's are definately starting to help...hoping for smooth sailing the rest of the way!!

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Glad the IV is doing better. Hope you get better news about those lung functions and K levels. Goodness - - - what are we gonna do with you, girl???

I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow. I say "bring it on!" I'm kinda excited today 'cause we got a little new skiff of snow in the night (on top of the 15 or so inches we have) which means I get to go out and SHOVEL in a bit - - - and I do so love to shovel!!!

Colleen said...

Glad to see you re showing improvement and your treatment is going smooth.

The Starr Family said...

Keep strong... if anything, its an excellent excuse to not shovel the drive? I am forever thinking of reasons why Adam should shovel rather than me!

Azer's Mom said...

Wow, look at that snow! I'm following your blog now! I hope your IV treatments continue to run smoothly!