Friday, February 4, 2011

Bummed

This was not a wonderful week in my life! First of all, I got the stomach flu on Tuesday and couldn't keep anything down, by Wednesday evening it was going lots better. We got an ice storm Tuesday and our electric went out Tues. evening. Thankfully, we do have a generator! Thursday afternoon, I had an appointment at Akron. I was hoping to get my PICC pulled. But my pft's dropped even lower than last week...FEV1 was 39% and .94 L...I think this is the lowest I've ever been. I was running a low grade fever and sounded wheezy pretty much all over my lungs. It was decided that I keep the PICC, but take a break from the IV's...they usually don't have peeps doing them longer than a month without a break. So I'm getting a 10 day break, I just have to flush it once a day. I'm also starting prednisone for 10 days...40 mg for five days, then tapering. When I go back on the 14th, if my pft's are back up and I'm feeling good, then they'll pull the PICC...if not, then it's more IV's... in the hospital this time. They did blood work and called us about it on the way home saying my potassium was low (probably from throwing up so much) and my creatinine level was still somewhat high. I just feel like I've gone backwards with this round of IV's instead of forwards and yes, I'm kind of a little discouraged. I usually choose to be positive, but for right now, I'm bummed.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

It's OK to be bummed...I would be bummed too. Hang in there, Marcia. Hopefully, the steroids will do the trick and you can get that pesky picc pulled on the 14th.

Hummel Family said...

Marica, so sorry to hear about your week! I will be praying extra harder for you, friend. :) Let me know if I can do anything for you! SERIOUSLY! I may be calling you (or your hubby). There's gotta be something I can do for you. In the meantime, try to hang in there and know that you've got a lot of people rootin' for you!

Judy said...

I'm bummed to hear that you're bummed. But, rightfully so! Just know that we are all "pulling" for you and hoping and praying that things soon turn for the better. You're a tough gal....I know you can do it!

Keetha Broyles said...

No wonder you're discouraged! You aren't just dealing with the little aches and pains that the rest of us complain about.

Rest, take care of yourself, and we're all pulling for you to get better.

Hello JoEllen!

Diane said...

Your positive attitude thus far has been amazing, so you are certainly allowed to be bummed for awhile (but just until things turn around :) I pray for you every day!