Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow!

Just yesterday we still had quite a bit of snow on the ground from the last weeks two storms. Then it warmed up and last evening it started raining and raining. All night it thundered, rained, even hail. At 6:00 this morning the electric went off for about three hours. There was a two hour school delay. The west end of the county was worse, school was closed there. All this snow melted and turned into some pretty major flooding!

This is a picture that was taken just down the road from where Warren works. There is a Pizza Hut on the left and gas station on the right. Obviously, the road is closed...as were several in the area.

This is a bank right there too, and you can see part of WalMart on the right. And yes, a girl had to be rescued from the car. As for me, I stayed safely in my home all day in my pajamas. It was a good day for a book!

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Goodness!!! That WAY too fast melting!

The Starr Family said...

What a fiasco of a day... every exit was closed near our house! But, apparently, preschool must go on :)

Aspiemom said...

"Wow" is right! That is incredible, Mari. Glad you could stay inside in comfort! (Ha ha - my word ver. is "bedup")

Katey said...

WOW...amazing. Crazy weather...
Glad you are safe though.we never get that down here.

Judy said...

Wow! You really did have some flooding going on there! We had about the same thing here in PA--sometimes I'm glad we live on a hill! I'm real ready for good old Springtime!

Judy
(Sorry for only the "J" on my comment on your previous post--I hit the button too quickly!)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Wow, what a difference, and so quickly too! I always think it's good to be home when the weather is acting up.
I hope you're doing well :-)
Blessings,
Marcia