Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally, some time...

I think I should have JoEllen take over my blog for me...that's the most comments I've ever had on a post! Seriously, thank you Jo Ellen for stepping in for me! And thank you all for the kind encouraging words and prayers...I appreciate it so much! I feel like I've been in sort of a whirlwind since I've been here (late Wed. morning). So many tests, scans, treatment times, physical therapy, etc. I had been trying to blog and couldn't get more than a couple of sentences and I had to do something. Finally this afternoon was calm...well, sort of! My sister was here and we had a relaxing time listening to the Hiland boys game...well, not that relaxing...it was a tense game, be we won!

They are taking very good care of me, everyone is wonderful here! I am not sleeping too well at night, because of the prednisone and just being in a different place and yes, they do give me something to help sleep. Last night went a little better. My face is puffy from being on them so long...they have been tapering the dose to get me off, because steroids weaken the immune system and mine is already not so good with the low t-cells. The CT scan showed severe lung disease throughout. Not fun to hear, but a reality.If my lungs were an ATM machine, they would be pretty low in money right now! The goal is to get a little more money in! I still am very short of breath, but am getting 02 pulse ox readings in the low to mid 90s, which is great. I've not had to be on 02, even at night. But my body just has to work harder to get it in. I got a gamma globulin treatment by iv Friday...it's a very carefully monitored treatment and I've had headaches yesterday and today, possibly from that.

Sunday
I am culturing pseudomonas and aspergillus. I'm on levaquin and merepenem Ivs...one every 12 hrs. and one every 48. Warren and Tiffany were here awhile today and I went for a walk down the hall...nice to get out. Jeremy, Steph and the boys will be here soon for a little.
I will they to keep blogging daily as I have time...when I don't, it'll be back to JoEllen.

Specific prayer requests for: Kidney function to improve
Lung function to improve...I do PFTs on Tuesday
I want my voice back! I've had laryngitis for more than a week
Rest

Thank you so much for caring and praying!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I get to be the first to comment! :) You are in my thoughts all throughout the days. Glad for updates.
Barbara

Colleen said...

Sorry to hear you are having to go through so much. At times like this, I try to rejoice in the blessing of having the availably of such great health care treatments and tests. Having CF, I am so thankful there at least some options out there to help.
Get healthy. Thinking of you.

Colleen

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got alittle rest. I was gonna come today and then I heard there were quite a few people coming to visit so Gail and I may come Wednesday, if you are still there. Anything that you need? Take care, Karen

Hummel Family said...

Glad I could help you with the blog...not a problem at all, buddy! :) Just let me know when you need help with updates. I am praying for you daily and hope you get your pretty voice back! Wow, I can't imagine you not being able to talk! LOL! I hope to stop in and see you on Tuesday afternoon. I will be sure to contact you first.

Miss you!!!!
JoEllen

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh honey, I'm choking up as I read this. I know too much about CF.

I ALMOST requested prayer for you at church this morning, and then didn't. Now I feel like I should have.

I'll keep praying for you.

I really really REALLY do care.

The Starr Family said...

Our sermon today made me think of you... we were reading Mark chapter 5, all about healing/Jesus touch.

Praying that HIS hands bring peace & healing to your body tonight.

Much love to you Marcia!

jennifer said...

I'm here by way of a prayer request for you from our mutual friend Keetha. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way Marcia.

Beverly said...

Just found your blog thru Keetha .. my dear 4 y/o granddaughter Sophie has CF.. I will be in prayer for you.

Dayna said...

Prayers for you and hugs too! Dayna

Aspiemom said...

You'll get your voice back soonest if you just rest it. Use a wipeoff board or paper. Whispering is actually more damaging to the vocal chords than trying to talk, BTW.

I hope the meds help you. Your O2 sounds about like mine.

Don't party too much in there! And no mooning!

Linda said...

Hi Marcia,
Well it's been almost a week since our meeting at Staceys. It's so funny because my mind works the same way as yours when it comes to hair appointments....first things first! It sounds like they are taking good care of you Marcia, and that makes me happy. I hope you are getting some good books read too. Are you done with "The Help" yet? I really enjoyed that one. You are in my prayers Marcia.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcia, I didn't realize you had CF!!! WOW! When did you find this out? Is this NEWS? Praying for you lady!

Linda said...

Hi Marcia I hope you are having a good day. Did your puppies ever get to come up to see you? MaryBeth had mentioned that they were allowed,but I never asked her if it happened. You and Warren continue to be in our prayers. God bless you Marcia