Monday, March 28, 2011

Out and about

Yesterday I had my first excursion into the real world in nearly 3 weeks! It was cold but sunny. It was so much fun to be out of here for awhile and not be hooked up to an IV pole! Yay!!! We drove about 15 minutes to Summit Mall. I was most excited about eating out and we went to PF Changs...a wonderfully yummy dinner of fried rice and shrimp in a sauce on crunchy rice noodles. We shared this and I still had enough to bring back to eat for lunch today. We walked around the mall...Would sit when I got out of breath then walk again. I found a Brookstone store, so sat in the massage chair for awhile...put me in a trance! I got some lounge pants and we got a camera attachment for my iPad! So I downloaded some pictures, but now can't figure out how to put them on here. I guess I'll need to read directions to see what to do. It's different from my home computer.Maybe I can figure something out, but for now, no pics. Jeremy, Steph and the boys met us at the mall too, we sat with them in the food court, walked around awhile with them and then got smoothies. We got back to he hospital around 4:00...it was a nice few hour getaway! Thought about a movie, but I was tired.

I found out today that my hemoglobin is low, due to taking blood from me every day for almost 3 weeks...vampires they are! So now I'm on iron and vitamin c. Creatinine is a bit better because of having IV fluids all the time. Tomorrow I have to do the dreaded PFTs again...hoping and praying it will still go up some more. Today at PT, I rode bike for 8 minutes...even doing some HILLS, but then I was pretty uncoordinated doing some exercises on the big ball...being coordinated has never been a real talent of mine! I did some walking around the hospital again...I so wish that it would be warm enough to walk outside, but it's been pretty cold. I just realized this morning that I still have snowmen up at home! I was feeling too yucky to care before I came here and now it's almost April! Oh well, I'm sure Warren doesn't even think about it, he'd probably leave them up year around and not notice!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm so glad your "field trip" went well!!! I've been wondering if you wore a surgical mask or anything to protect yourself from all the "germans" that are out there???

I have one snow man that I leave out year around. I don't think you need to worry for one second about your snowmen at home. In fact - - - we've still got snow here anyway, so snowmen are par for the course!!

Diane said...

What a wonderful day you had on Sunday - was thinking about you alot then and praying it would be rejuvinating!

Just took my snowmen down, but we had 1 1/2 inches of snow on Sunday and tomorrow we are to get another inch or so! Winter GO AWAY!!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a positive attitude, Marcia! I think we could all learn a lot from you! Hang in there! So glad you got to get away for awhile and be with family.

Laura

--And, you also put this pregnant lady in the mood for PF Changs!!! Uh oh, watch out Erik!