Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quick update

My PFTs on Friday did go up 4 more points, so I'm now at 37% and .88 Liters (how much 02 I can take in a deep breath). This is pretty much the same as when I was admitted to the hospital, then they fell that first week. Even though the numbers are the same, I do FEEL better than when I came in. I'm working hard at physical therapy...plus going for walks in the hospital. I'm still hooked up to iv fluids all the time, unless I want to take a walk or go to PT or go to do PFTs. I walked to the cafeteria today at lunch to get my own food and brought it back up to my room...that was a pretty good walk. I will do PFTs again on Tuesday.

I did some stretching activities this afternoon, while I was listening to the Hiland basketball game, playing in the state finals. That passed the time...and we WON! Would have been fun to be there to watch...I'm sure most of the east end of the county was there! Yay Hawks Div. IV state champs!. That hasn't happened since 1992!

I am excited for my pass tomorrow. We are going to Fairlawn to eat and we'll just see how it goes as to how long we stay...maybe a movie?? I'll see how I can function on the "outside" for awhile! It seems really weird to me that March is about over, it feels like it didn't happen...

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Hooray for all this good news!

You enjoy your day tomorrow, you certainly deserve it!!!

Be careful too - - - the mom in me just HAD to say that.

Colleen said...

4 points!!!!! Good work.

Diane H. said...

Hope you are having a great time "out on the town". Glad you are feeling better with each day.

Diane

The Starr Family said...

Thinking of you often, praise for each little bit of healing!

Dawn said...

I'm glad to hear there's progress. Daniel and I are planning on being in Ohio April 8th weekend. Maybe we can come and see you then. I keep praying that each day gets better for you.