Thursday, March 31, 2011

There's no place like home

Miracles do happen! Today I did PFT's and the first two tries I got 33% again, then 38% and then 40% and .97 Liters. I knew they were probably going to send me home anyways, since I was feeling better, but we were all wondering why the PFT's didn't match up with the fact that I felt better. I was so elated when I hit 40 and couldn't believe it! Warren had taken off work after 10:00 and was at the hospital by the time I got back from PFT's.Soon after we got back to my room, the picc line was pulled, PT came and went over things I need to continue doing at home, I got my discharge papers and prescriptions and soon we were packed up and ready to go.We stopped to eat at Macaroni Grill, then I fell asleep on the way home. It felt so good to pull in at home and be greeted by my little dogs, who danced and whined with happiness. Everyone was so wonderful at the hospital, honestly it was pretty unbelievable...but it's so good to be home! Now the hard part...not to overdo, which is my tendency. I'm really going to try! I'm so ready to go sleep in my own bed!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you Marcia! Hopefully you get to come home soon! :) Amy (for all)

Anonymous said...

So happy that you are home, neighbor!!! Let me know what I can do for you so that you will not overdo yourself! Love ya!

JoEllen

Keetha Broyles said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

I was AFRAID you were gonna end this with "April Fools!" But then I noticed it was posted YESTERDAY - - - - so my little woooohooo is a day late!

This is REALLY good news.

Judy said...

OH MARCIA!!! So, so happy that you are back home! I can only imagine how good that feels to you!
Now follow the doctor's orders and take it slow and easy. I wish I lived closer so that I could help out in some way.

Thank you Jesus for answered prayers!

Katey said...

Glad you are back home and feeling better. I always find it interesting when PFTs don't match up with how you are feeling (happens to me a bunch...that's why I can't rely soley on PFTs, but that's just me). Praying you continue to feel much better!