Sunday, July 24, 2011

To Die for Blueberry Muffins


Well, I wouldn't exactly risk my life for them, but they are wonderful!! (Blurry picture of them). Kayden helped me whip up a batch on Friday and they are gone already. I keep picking blueberries almost every day...my four little bushes are about done, but my two big ones still have quite a few yet. Here is the recipe for these tasty muffins. (I'm really not turning this into a recipe blog, but I have to share this)! I just love blueberries so much...I wish I could find a superb perfect recipe for blueberry scones. I had some in Canada once that were quite amazing! Back to the muffin recipe...I made six large ones and 24 mini muffins from this batch.

Blueberry Muffin batter:
1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C milk
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. lemon zest
2 C blueberries I used fresh, but you can also use frozen.

Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately to mixture with milk and vanilla. Fold in blueberries carefully and spoon into muffin tin (about 2/3 full). I didn't use paper liners, I just sprayed tin with Pam. Sprinkle with topping, OR you can just sprinkle with sugar.

Topping:
2 T flour
5 T sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T butter


Bake for 20-25 min. If you do the mini ones, they may be done sooner. Let them cool before getting out of the pan or they will crumble if hot.

I've still been on IV's, another doctor appointment on Tuesday and I'm hoping and hoping they will pull the picc then. I've been on IV's for three weeks. They'll either pull it or I'll be on one more week. They usually give you a break if you've been on them for a month. Last week my lungs were still sounding crackly. Today I felt wheezy. The weather has been so hot and humid, hard to breathe the air. I've been staying inside most of the time, thank goodness for air conditioners! My joints have been hurting so much, I think it might be a side effect of the IV's, or else I'm getting really bad arthritis. Last night was rather miserable, I didn't sleep well because of the joint thing. A "cold" front is moving in, so we should have a couple of days in the high 80's instead of the high 90's. I'm thinking we should move to Arizona where the heat is at least not humid heat. But then again, I've never been there in the summer!

2 comments:

Aspiemom said...

They look yummy, Marcia! I've been making Orange Blueberry Muffins. Love those blueberries!!

Judy said...

Here's hoping they will pull the picc today! I picked blueberries last night at Amber's inlaw's and (since it finally cooled off--62 degrees at 6 AM) I think I might try your muffin recipe! Thanks!