Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's August???

Well, my July was pretty much taken up with four IV's a day and my regular treatments plus two extra nebulizings, so I didn't do a whole lot of anything else. All of a sudden, it's August! I got my picc line out yesterday, it pulled right out...just like a long piece of cooked spaghetti! At least this whole IV-ing was uneventful this time and went smoothly, thank goodness! Not one blood clot. And I'm so glad I did the extra 4th week, because I felt it really made a difference! Now I need to start oral Bactrim and Doxycycline because the steno malt bug is back. The really good news that I still can't believe is that when I did PFT's yesterday, my FEV1 was 50% and 1.22 L. I DID IT! In March I was down to 30 and .79L so I am so thankful! Maintaining is the hard part. So now I'm ready to get a few fun things in yet this summer! Vacation is coming up and I cannot wait!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celebrating with you! 50!! You go girl. Enjoy your vacation for sure.
Barbara

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Thanks Barb...I will!

Judy said...

Glad to read your good report--I knew you could do it! Now, happy vacationing and enjoy the remainder of August!

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Judy, thanks...email me sometime and catch me up on your life!

BeKay said...

So glad to hear things went well this time and you're up to 50%! Hope you can enjoy some August time now.

65 Roses for Marcia said...

BeKay, I'm certainly planning to enjoy August...it's so great to feel good!

The Starr Family said...

Enjoy some sweetberries for me!! And dig those toes deep in the sand :)

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Kate...have had sweet berries and will continue, toes have been dug.