Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Piccless

Well, after another month of IVs, the picc line is out and I feel free again! But not so invincible this time. Just free for now. It feels good to know that I won't have to hook up four times a day! And I've decided that I'm done with piccs. My doctors agree with me and we're going for a port. They are making the arrangements and hopefully I'll have it scheduled in the next few weeks. My home health nurse (who is wonderful) was here yesterday to do the discharge stuff and she took all my iv equipment...my bedroom is a lot less cluttered! I was at clinic on Monday and my PFTs are nearly back to my baseline, although I nearly fell out of the pft booth thing doing it! I got my flu shot. I would LOVE to stay off IVs for several months now. But I'm ok just enjoying each day of freedom. And I can't wait to get my arm wet in the tub tonight!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm rejoicing with you over your new freedom! I'm hoping things stay calm for awhile now. Continue to appreciate all the blessings and He will see you through!