Friday, November 11, 2011

Clinic appointment

I had an appointment this week on Tuesday to get my newly installed port flushed this week. Gail went along to observe and learn how. It's good I had the appointment, because over the weekend I started the familiar joint and chest aching and I have no energy. I hate it so much because I was feeling really good for nearly two months...and I just wanted it to last forever. Ha, yeah right! But it was sure a nice couple of months! My PFTs were surprising to me, they are holding steady...so they just decided to add oral cipro twice a day. Now I'm on four different oral antibiotics a day! I hope I can tolerate cipro yet, I got nauseous yesterday and awhile today. I ended up taking phenergan to help the nausea. And yes, i did eat before i took anything. I'm also to add two extra breathing treatments a day. I go back in a couple of weeks and im sureI hoping this will kick it!

Gail did end up flushing my port then. She did a very good job except pushed the needle a little bit slow. I had forgotten to put numbing cream on, so it hurt. But didn't last long. The whole thing went well. I'm so glad she's willing to do this for me. They will deliver the flush kit every month. I go back in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will feel better by then and lungs sound better!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Thinking of you!!!

Colleen said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Sounds like you have a really good plan for getting healthy. Hope it works. Colleen

The Starr Family said...

Just checking in on you... praying for some peace for you!!