Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A bump

I've hit just a little bump in the road again...started feeling extremely tired last Wed. afternoon and joints hurt, chest was starting to feel achy. I called my dr. Fri morning and they put me on two oral antibiotics and made an appointment for me to come in on Monday. So I went in yesterday. My lung function had only dropped a couple of points and Dr. M decided to add a prednisone burst for 5 days and stay on the two antibiotics for a month. And increase airway clearance. So that's the plan, unless I get worse...then we will go to IVs. WHICH I haven't had to do since Sept!! So I get tired of piccs and get a port put in in Oct. and haven't even had to use it yet...pretty impressive, don't you think? I'm still trying to bond with it...I probably won't really love it until I need IVs again! They flushed it yesterday. I've been going to the hospital to get it flushed each month. Last month's flush wasn't particularly enjoyable, I had to be stabbed three times! (wincing)
My plan is to feel better very soon, like this week...it's just a little bump. I'll be back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thoughts coming your way from Montana!

Judy said...

Sorry to hear about your bump...but hoping things smooth out real quickly! You've done amazingly since your port was put in. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOKED SO GOOD this morning! :) I hope you are over this bump that you posted about a few weeks ago!

Ii it time for a SPRING background on here?And Photo of you and hubby by some pterry flowers? :) Let me know when you need the help.

love
JoEllen