Saturday, May 5, 2012

My mini gardens

I had fun making this mini resurrection garden for Easter. I saw the idea on Pinterest and it was so easy, using a small pot, potting soil and grass seed. I gathered the small stones from beside out driveway and the hardest thing was finding the big stone for in front of the tomb. I couldn't find a round one, but I found this in the woods beside our house. I broke off small twigs to make the crosses and hot glued them together. Kayden is getting ready to roll the stone away here.



This was such a good way to explain the Easter story to the boys. We also used Ressurrection eggs that I'd made last year. 


Today the weather was beautiful and I played and made two fairy gardens. This one is in a bowl shaped pot that's maybe 14 inches wide.   See the little turtle? The funny looking thing by the bird nest is actually a bird and poor fairy has a hand broken from years of wear and tear.




 This one is larger than it looks...it's actually in the ground in a flower bed. It's hard to see everything clearly, I know. But it was fun to do. They will both look very different in a few weeks when the plants are growing. I mostly used starts of things I had from other years of fairy gardens. A fun day of playing outside!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling good enough to play in the garden! B-

Keetha Broyles said...

The "roll the stone away" garden is just great!

Well, all of them are - - - but that one is really special.