Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas home tours

Friday evening I went with some friends on a local Christmas homes tour event, sponsored by the Blessings Design team. This team is composed of a small and talented group of Christian ladies, who desire to help others. We bought tickets and the money will go to help two ladies in our community...one who recently lost her husband and has four young children, the other lady has a disabled beautiful 3 year old daughter who has so far been classified with a challenging mystery disease. There will be some re-decorating done in their homes. Sorta like extreme home makeover on TV, only not as extreme! There were five featured homes, all decorated for Christmas. Five cozy, beautifully decorated homes, showing personality/talent of their owners. Wow, my mind was in total overload all evening, storing up ideas of new decorating tips to try for Christmas...i could hardly even stand it! A lot of it I can do with things i already have. And there were refreshments and Christmas caroling involved. What a great evening! I'll post pictures of some ideas I use when I decorate for Christmas soon...can't wait! Now all I need is some energy to coordinate with my swirling mind of ideas! And yes, I'll wait till thanksgiving is actually over to decorate. I'm about to cook my first turkey next week! Hmmm

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


Oh man, no pictures?

And since YOU brought it up in my comments - - - if I'd been coaching "my boys" yesterday, you wouldn't have had a CHANCE to beat us in overtime 'cause I'd have had them go for the 2 point conversion to "wrap it up" in regulation.

Unfortunately - - - Brett won't hire me to help coach.

;-)

The Starr Family said...

Cooking your first turkey huh? This one surprises me :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

surprised me too!
Barbara