Friday, January 25, 2013

A little backset and progress

Ive been home a week now. Hubby got a small frig for our bedroom so I can keep my meds and IVs in without having to go up and down stairs...it has been great! I was having some stomach/heartburn/throwing up...not being able to eat or even drink. I checked my pills and realized I was out of Prevacid, which I've taken for years. With the hospital admission and coming home in a steroid haze, I didn't realize I wasnt taking them after I got home. (was in the hospital).I lost 8 lbs in the past week...yikes! But as of yesterday, I'm back on them and I can eat again!! Truly a magical pill! I had an appointment with a new arthritis dr in Akron on Wed. It's a second opinion...she took 17 X-rays of my hands and back and 9 vials of blood. She doesn't think it's rheumatoid, but osteoarthritis or cf related arthritis. She changed plaquenil to Celebrex it was an exhausting day and I used O2 the whole time. Yesterday was a CF appointment. I felt like I was breathing better, took O2 along...but didn't need it if I walked slow. They de/reaccessed port...IVs for another week for sure. But the best part was that my PFTs were at 42% and .99L. I was proud, amazed, thrilled! I haven't been out of the 30s in months. Now I just need to eat and get some strength back again! Next CF appointment is Thursday. I'm praying for more improvement! Oh and enjoying our pretty snowfall today...

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


We had a gorgeous snowfall over here today too.

Thinking about you - - -

Judy said...

Thank you for keeping us updated! I've been wondering how things were going. Glad to hear you're making some progress. Keep up the good work!

Jessica said...

Glad to see your lung function went up. I too have had lots of reflux issues (I have GERD, reactive airway disease, and gastroperisis), I take nexium. In fact I was taking 2 40mgs pills a day and reglan. I am now down to one nexium a day. I started adding lemon water to my diet and more dark leafy greens and things have gotten much better. I hope your lung function continues to go up.