Friday, February 8, 2013

5th week

Yesterday was a CF appointment, across the street from the dr  I saw the day before. Two trips to Akron back to back were a little exhausting! JoEllen had taken me and she came back and watched me do PFTs. My highest was 38% FEV1 .89L. I was wheezy again, and it was decided to do one more week of IVs. Also more prednisone...I've only been off of it for five days! I was a little bummed because I've never done IVs longer than four weeks, so I was expecting to have my port deaccessed. And I was picturing a lovely shower. Instead, port needle was changed, bloodwork done, and meds delivered for another week. Well, I'm just thankful I can do them in the comfort of my home! During my appointment JoEllen went to the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat and got me some oatmeal raisin cookies...they were the best part of my hospital stay. I probably ordered them about every day. Wish I had the recipe! Cant wait till I feel like baking again! But for now, I'm more into resting and napping.

 Warren is feeling better, but not great. I think it will take awhile. He is on several meds and a bland diet for now. He is going to try to go to work a couple of hours in the morning next week to see how it goes. He's not really too great at being a patient. I guess it's a man thing. What a crazy month this has been!

And now I see they're naming winter storms...Used to be blizzard of 78 or whatever. Now we have Nemo...a cute little fish name storm.

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I think all this storm naming stuff is just to keep the 24/7 weather channel people in a job.

They also now call a 5 - 8 inch snow storm a blizzard whether it really is that heavy of "white out" snow or not.

They are trying to keep themselves busy enough to keep their jobs.

Judy said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! So glad Warren is back home and hopefully another week of IVs will have you feeling much better. The two of you rest and enjoy each other's company!