Friday, May 24, 2013

Birthday date...take 2

 This time, he was feeling great and we decided to go to Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen in Mt. Hope, one of my favorite local Amish type restaurants.
We were kinda tired of going to McDonalds every year/per his wish, so we told him we're branching out. He loved it and said he wants to go there again kext year!


 He got to work on two dot to dot pictures.


 Plus he got some wiki sticks to play with. He made a dog and we made a butterfly while we were waiting for our food.





And we had mentioned to our waitress (who we know) that we were on a birthday date and at the end of our meal, 5 or 6 waitresses came and sang Happy Birthday to him. I didn't know this was coming at all. I thought maybe he'd be embarassed, but he did pretty well...I think he was proud of his cake. Oh, and it's a Litty's cake. If you don't know anything about them, they are DELISH!


So we took the cake home and ate it ourside on our patio...Yum!
This birthday date was a success!

3 comments:

Hummel Family said...

So glad he was feeling better! Good memories, for sure!

Keetha Broyles said...

Haven't heard from you in a long time, part of which is my own fault as I've fallen off finding time to check the blogs I follow.

But then today I started thinking about you and HOPED you aren't having a lot of struggles again.

Anyway - - - know you're thought of.

Hummel Family said...

You do realize that it has been MONTHS since you last posted!!! Do you need my help!?!?